Unlike Health and Dependent Care FSA elections, employees may change their Transit and Parking elections on a monthly basis. Generally, election changes should be effective the month following notification of the change.
Updating Transit/Parking Elections via the Employer Portal
- Log into the Employer Portal.
- Under the Employees tab, search for the employee by name.
- Select the Enrollments tab.
- Click Update in the Actions column next to the benefit election to be updated.
- Choose "Add an election to an existing enrollment"
- Enter the effective date and new election amount, and save your change.
As a result, the enrollment screen should look similar to the one below. In this example the employee initially elected $100 per month and subsequently changed their election to $80.00 per month effective 3/1/2018. Rather than overwrite the existing election amount you will be keeping a record of the election changes throughout the year.