It is important to update Sentinel in a timely manner if an employee terminates employment or takes a leave of absence. Employee status changes can be submitted online by following the steps below.
- Log into the Employer Portal.
- Under the Employees tab, search for the employee by name.
- From the employee profile click the Status tab on the right side of the screen.
- Under Actions, click Add New Status.
- Select the new status from the drop-down menu (Active, Terminated or LOA).
- Enter the Effective Date.
- Click the Add Status button.
Please note, selecting LOA status will automatically suspend the employee debit card and not allow claim submission for services during the leave period. If you would like to allow claim payments during leave (i.e. FMLA protected leave or paid leave) please contact your account manager to update.