Unlike Health and Dependent Care FSA elections, employees may change their Transit and Parking elections on a monthly basis. Generally, election changes should be effective the month following notification of the change.
Updating Transit/Parking Elections via the Employer Portal
- Log into the Employer Portal. (Click here for login instructions)
- From the Home page of the Sentinel Employer Portal in the Your Accounts section, click "Reimbursement Accounts" to access the FSA/HRA/HSA portal.
- Select the Employees tab from the menu on the left, locate the employee from the list or search for the employee by name.
- Select the Enrollments tab and click on the enrollment you wish to update.
- Click the Edit Enrollment button.
- Enter the effective date and new election amount, and click the Add button.
As a result, the enrollment screen should look similar to the one below. In this example the employee initially elected $270 per month effective 1/1/2021 and subsequently changed their election to $0.00 per month effective 2/25/2021.